Last Updated on November 26, 2020 by admin
There are two main types of retailers:
i. Small scale retailers, who include hawkers, market and road side stall holders, and single shops.
ii. Large scale retailers who include co-operative societies, departmental shops, supermarkets etc.
c. HAWKERS: There are many hawkers in Nigeria. These are consumer agents who carry a few basic articles, such as sardines, matches, bread, fruit vegetables etc in a tray or box and sell to consumers. Hawkers enable consumer to buy goods they need without having to travel a long wayfrom their houses or offices. Hawkers are plentiful in car parks, around offices, along roads and streets. It may, however, be more expensive to buy from hawkers than the market.
FUNCTIONS OF CONSUMER AGENTS
1. They get market information from consumer and get it across to manufacturers.
2. They carry the taste of consumer to the manufacturer
3. They make goods available to consumer.
4. They break bulk and sell bit by bit to the consumers.
5. They offer credit facility to consumers
6. They provide after sale services to the consumers.